Luckily, we all have a little thing called “choice” to help us turn our bad times into good times. Here are a few choices you can make to help get you back on track.
1) Take a step back from life for a few moments every night and think about what brings you happiness and what brings you sadness.
2) Write it all down. Take out a piece of paper and pen, fold the paper in half and write down what brings you happiness on one side and what brings you sadness on the other.
3) Take a deep breath and go through each sad item and ask yourself how you can get rid of or minimize it.
4) Focus on the happy list. These are the items that you should incorporate into your life on a daily basis or as much as possible.
Luckily, happiness comes in all shapes and sizes and even if there aren’t many things in your life worth focusing on, I’m sure you have a few things in mind that you’ve always wanted to do.
5) Leap! It’s time to put your thoughts into action. Pick two or three items that you currently do to make you happy and plan your week around them. Now the fun part. Take two items from your list of potential happy items and plan how you can incorporate them into your next two weeks.
Of course, as my sister Officer Terri Beernink says… While the choice maybe yours the decision to make it happen is yours too.
Meaning, if you make a choice to be happy, but don’t take the actions to be happier, then you might as well not make a list.
Remember… happy thoughts are another key to happiness.